Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Focus focus focus

So, yesterday I was supposed to finish Conner's pillow and the Thanksgiving banner and work on my deep cleaning project. I sewed. I cut and sewed all day. Did I finish Conner's pillow? Did I work on Conner's pillow? No and no. Well sort of. I needed to empty a bobbin so I could fill it with navy blue thread. Did I do that? Yes. It took me hours of sewing to do it. Oh, and I rounded the corners on the front and back. I did nothing on the Thanksgiving banner. Deep cleaning? Ha! I washed the dishes. Period. That was the extent of my housework yesterday. So what did I do? I grabbed a stack of flannel scraps and started a quilt. Just cuz it was the right color to empty that darn spool. That stack of scraps is almost gone. I still have a pile of cut squares and some bits and pieces I can use. And 18 finished blocks and a couple half done. I need at least 24, preferably 30. Why do I do things like this? Yes, it eased the congestion in my flannel bin. And at least I didn't play solitaire all day. But good grief, just six weeks til Christmas, one week before I need to have all the stuff for Keri's family done, 10 days until I need to have my deep cleaning done. And I start another quilt. I don't understand me.

Michele is coming in a few minutes to take some of my Christmas fabric and visit. And talk about machine quilting. I am so not an expert. I have a huge stack of projects waiting to be quilted. Huge. Maybe I can get that figured out with Mom's machine and finish some UFO's. Maybe I should do that in January. In the meantime, I need to finish what I have started recently. And decide who to give the snuggly flannel quilt to. That I didn't plan on making. It would be perfect for Keri, but I don't think she would like it. sigh

No comments: