Monday, November 14, 2011

Time to get working....

It has been ages since I have posted anything. Time to get back to writing. And other things. This time of year is so busy; so many things to do! I am currently working on Christmas projects and some Thanksgiving decorations.

Have you ever noticed how the stores are filled with decorations for Halloween and Christmas but it's hard to find good Thanksgiving decorations. I am making a banner to celebrate the day that was created to celebrate gratitude. Actually, a second banner. I gave one to Tonya yesterday. They are quick and easy to make and look great, even if I do say so myself.

The Christmas presents are harder with so many to make and a tiny budget this year. I am persevering. hee I have two finished, five if you count holiday hotpads I made for my daughters. One more and the Thanksgiving banner should be finished today. I hope. If I can get focused. Keri's things all need to be finished in about a week so I can send them to Montana with her friend. So, why am I writing and not sewing? Guess I had better pray for focus and get the gears in the sewing machine turning.
Sewing machine...I am so glad I got my mother's sewing machine running again. Richard helped me move it into the family room so I can sew in comfort. We have been using the wood stove in the family room to cut heating costs. Since I turn the furnace off around 10:00 every morning, it gets pretty chilly in my sewing room. Darn chilly. Downright cold. (see what I mean about focus....)

Sewing machine.... with the help of the owner's manual and a sewing machine repair book ($1.00 at a yard sale) I got the old Pfaff Automatic 260 purring like a kitten. Perfect tension, great stitches, and it will sew over just about anything. Yippee!! And I did it myself. If I want fancier stuff like a blanket stitch for appliques or decorative stitching, I head back to my sewing room and use the Babylock. Which is what I should be doing now, adding decorative stitching to a little tote bag I am making. Wait, maybe I should finish that banner and the pillow first. Oh my....

No comments: